You un-install an application that does not un-register the plugin in vCenter. There is no option in the desktop client to remove.
Ex. vSphere Auto-Deploy 5.5 located in a different windows server and can not talk to the VC at the time (error 29452)
- Find the name of your app on http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1025360
Ex. Auto Deploy is named com.vmware.rbd
- Go to http://vc55.lab.com/mob/?moid=ExtensionManager
(replacing vc55.lab.com with the FQDN of your vCenter)
Search for com.vmware.rbd
- Click on UnregisterExtension
- Paste in com.vmware.rbd for the value. Click Invoke Method.
- Shortcut, if you already know the name (com.vmware.rbd) , you can go directly to