#1 - Download
#2 - Theme
I prefer this dark theme for powercli scipts and editing config files.
Full info about the theme – https://github.com/SeanCline/Npp-VS2012-Dark
- Download VS2012-Dark.xml (right-click save as)
- Place the VS2012-Dark.xml into the “theme” sub-folder of where NPP is installed/extracted.
Ex. C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\themes\
You can create the “themes” sub-folder if the folder is not there.
- Open NPP, Click “Settings” and “Style Configuration”
- Select “VS2012-Dark”. I prefer the Consolas font, Bold and 12.
#3 - Tabs vs Spaces
To help prevent a bad copy/paste.
ex. adding to the c:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware VirtualCenter\vpxd.cfg file
- Click View / Show Symbol / Show White Space and TAB
You can see line 10 has 1 tab (arrow) before the test while lines 11-15 have 2 tabs.
If there were spaces, there would be a tiny dot per space.