- When your run the NSX-T Migration precheck phase, there is no option to export all of the findings.
Control A and Control C on the web page will not copy all to the clipboard.
- The post will convert how to export the json file and import in Excel in a organized human readable format so you have checklist of what needs to be addressed before the migration window.
NSX-T Migration Coordinator – Export Precheck Findings to Excel
- Record the Active NSX-T Manager IP from the three node Cluster.
- Run the Migration to the point of listing out the finding, but do not cancel.
NOTE: If you have SSH enabled for the Root user; you can use WinSCP to download the json file; otherwise…..
- Gather a Support Bundle for the Active NSX-T Manager IP and download to a windows box that has 7-Zip and Excel.
- Extract two times and go to folder \nsx_mangager_UUID\var\log\migration-coordinator\v2t\
- Copy feedback_request.json
- Open feedback_request.json and you can review the format and verbiage that matches the GUI.
- Open a new blank Excel workbook.
- Click Data / From File / From JSON and choose the feedback_request.json file.
- The Power Query Editor will open. Click on “To Table” leaving the two Defaults.
- Click the Expand tiny icon to the right of Column1
- Deselect all columns.
- Check Off:
- Rearrange the Columns to match the NSX-T Migration page.
- Right-click on the column and click move.
- Click “Close & Load”
- You now have a xlsx that is your checklist that can be filtered and sorted.